Where is the hottest, coolest place for a family? SCHLITTERBAHN! It is my family's favorite waterpark destination. Experience family fun, thrilling adventure, and relaxation! There is a variety of entertainment for everyone. Here are a few Waterpark Survival Tips to get your Summer Fun on at Schlitterbahn!
1. Swim shoes or flip flops - Schlitterbahn parks are among the largest in the nation, and that means that invariably there will be some hot spots without shade or outdoor carpet. Wear some sort of water worthy shoe.
2. Suncreen - Water rides remove the best in sunscreen. Apply, ride, repeat.
3. Pack a lunch - Schlitterbahn allows ice chests, but no glass or alcohol. Make sure to pack some favorites but leave room for park specialties like funnel cake and turkey legs! We have a fun check list here and a neat post on being SchlitterReady here.
4. Hats/Sunglasses - Shade Yourself. Help prevent sunburn by wearing a hat/sunglasses.
5. Bug Spray - Mosquitos, Mosquitos, Mosquitos! Yes, these pesky bugs love waterparks. Keep them away with repellent. Be sure to apply bug spray first, then sunscreen.
6. Water - Stay Hydrated! Being in the sun all day and playing in the water can get your body dehydrated rather quickly. Drink plenty of water throughout your waterpark visit.
Schlitterbahn New Braunfels is our flagship park and is America's #1 waterpark for 17 years and has won awards for the best waterpark, best waterpark ride, and best new ride.
Schlitterbahn has been the birthplace of nearly every waterpark ride innovation including the world's first uphill water coaster and the inland surfing ride, the Boogie Bahn.
Every park has a claim to fame:
* New Braunfels: World's longest tube ride; America's Favorite Waterpark
* Galveston: World's favorite indoor park
* Kansas City: Midwest's longest tubing adventure, and home to the World's Tallest Waterslide
* South Padre: World's 1st Transportainment system where interconnected rivers are queue lines for rides.
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with USFamilyGuide. Any opinions are 100% my own.